Submit your poetry and/or art for this site by emailing donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com before 11:59pm PST on Saturday, February 19th, 2022.

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Jim Babwe

Photo by Charles Ardinger

UFOs Above the Trailer Park

 

Shortly before

the sun pulled down the curtain

to change light into dark,

I saw UFOs above the trailer park.

 

Babies cried.

Women screamed.

Grown men yelled,

"Mommy! Mommy!"


I tried to find a place to hide,

but aliens looked down and saw me.


Transported by a beam of light,

I floated off the ground.


A silver door opened wide.

I heard a voice from somewhere say,  

"Feel free to look around."


They took me to the future.

They took me to the past.

They took me into outer space.

This little green creature

tried to stick a metallic object . . .

I mean . . .

that UFO was really fast.


They dropped me off at four o'clock,

before the break of dawn.

They landed here--on the liquor store.

They let me out and when  

I turned around,

they were gone.


Listen, Officer Mendoza,

I know it all sounds kind of crazy,

but my story is the truth.


I saw UFOs above the trailer park.

I was abducted, flown around,

and then released right here--

at the liquor store.

That's why 

I'm up here 

on the roof. 


UFOs above the trailer park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angela M Franklin

A Grim Fairy Tale Once upon a time  a baby girl was born with both hands planted firmly on slim hips in Naperville a city known for its wind...